onsdag 18 maj 2011

Fruits are good for you

Fruit, today I shall talk about Apples =)



I don't know about you guys, but I forget to eat fruit, or when I do, my first choice is never an apple... So I read about it a little and though OOhHhh my Allah, I need to tell this to my friends and blogers. Especially for us who likes food that burns fat, burns, burns burns the fat :D 



"We're told that an apple a day keeps the doctor away", but what exactly are the health benefits of apples? Here are three reasons why YOU and ME should eat apples :D 

Bone Protection
(something almost all arabs I know needs)

French researchers found that a flavanoid called phloridzin that is found only in apples may protect post-menopausal women from osteoporosis and may also increase bone density. Boron, another ingredient in apples, also strengthens bones. *yeeeeeeey*


Lower Cholesterol
(Something to think about)



The pectin in apples lowers LDL ("bad") cholesterol. People who eat two apples per day may lower their cholesterol by as much as 16 percent.

Weight Loss
(And the most important part for us woman)



A Brazilian study found that women who ate three apples or pears per day lost more weight while dieting than women who did not eat fruit while dieting.


ps: But you should work out, not just eat apples and think all fat burns away... You will lose muscle mass and that is not good. The body needs working out, even if you just walk for 30 min each day it gives you a healthier body and you burn fat, and you protect your muscles.

And one apple is enough, there is plenty off healthy fruits in the world and ALL of them have good effects to your body ;)




Apple Nutritive Values : Per 100 grams
  • Vitamin A : 900 I.U.
  • Vitamin B : Thiamine .07 mg.;
  • Vitamin C : 5 mg.
  • Vitamin G : Amount uncertain
  • Calcium : 6 mg.
  • Iron : 3 mg.
  • Phosphorus : 10 mg.
  • Potassium : 130 mg.
  • Carbohydrates : 14.9 gm.
  • Calories : 58

the three facts about the apples are from this page:http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/10-health-benefits-of-apples.html

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar